Who We Are
Our website address is: https://thecybershrink.com. The Cyber Shrink is a platform owned by CyberShrink LLC (herein referred to as “The Platform”). Cyber Shrink LLC is a platform for therapists, educators, counselors, and other professionals (herein referred to as “Providers”) to engage with potential clients. All Providers on the Platform are independent Providers and are not employees of The Cyber Shrink, Cyber Shrink LLC, or any of our affiliated websites or companies.
The Platform may also contain Third Party Content. This Third Party Content may include, but not limited to, links to other websites or advertisements related to Third Party Content. We have no responsibility for the creation of any such Third Party Content, including, but not limited to, any related products, practices, terms or policies, and by use of this site, you agree that will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by any Third Party Content. Additionally, any reference or links to Third Party Content shall not be construed as an endorsement of such content.
HIPAA and PIPEDA
All services offered through The Platform are done through ZOOM Healthcare . Zoom for Healthcare is fully compliant with both The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
Your healthcare information may be shared in the following circumstances:
- When a valid court order is issued for medical records.
- Reporting suspected abuse, neglect, or domestic violence.
- Preventing or reducing a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety including, but not limited to, your own.
Limitations of Liability
Cyber Shrink LLC, its affiliates and any of its, or their, directors, officers, employees or agents shall not, under any circumstances, be liable for direct, consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages of any kind, or any other damages whatsoever.
It is the expectation of the Platform that every Counselor/Provider providing professional counselor services on the Platform to be an accredited, trained, and experienced licensed psychologist (PhD / PsyD), licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT), licensed clinical social worker (LCSW/LICSW), licensed professional counselor (LPC), or similar applicable recognized professional certification based on their respective state and/or jurisdiction.
The Providers listed on The Cyber Shrink (Cyber Shrink LLC) are independent providers who are not our employees, agents, or representatives. The Platform’s role is limited to enabling the Provider Services while the services themselves are the responsibility of the Provider who provides them.
The Cyber Shrink provides provider profiles for informational purposes only. We do not certify or attest to the accuracy of the information provided by Providers on our platform in their profiles or the information they may have provided directly to you.
While we hope the Counselor Services are beneficial to you, you understand, agree and acknowledge that they may not be the appropriate solution for everyone’s needs and that they may not be appropriate for every particular situation and/or may not be a complete substitute for a face-to-face examination and/or care in every particular situation.
You hereby confirm that you are legally able to consent to receive Services, or have the consent of a parent or guardian, and that you are legally able to enter into a contract for services provided through the Platform.
You hereby confirm and agree that all the information that you provided in or through the Platform, and the information that you will provide in or through the Platform in the future, is accurate, true, current and complete.
You agree, confirm and acknowledge that we will not be liable for any loss or damage that incurred as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your consent and/or knowledge.
You agree and commit not to interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to interfere with or disrupt, any of our systems, services, servers, networks or infrastructure, or any of the Platform’s systems, services, servers, networks or infrastructure, including without limitation obtaining unauthorized access to the aforementioned.
You are responsible for your own communications while using The Cyber Shrink. You may not:
- communicate material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to any person or entity.
- communicate a sexually-explicit image.
- communicate chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- impersonate another person.
- communicate material that is copyrighted, without the permission of the copyright owner.
- threaten, harass, or demean, any member or user of the Platform.
You agree and commit not to violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, statute, ordinance, rule, regulation or ethical code in relation to your use of the Platform and your relationship with the Counselors and us.
If you receive any file from us or from a Counselor, whether through the Platform or not, you agree to check and scan this file for any virus or malicious software prior to opening or using this file.
You will indemnify us, defend us, and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, causes of action, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses (including, but not limited to, litigation and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) arising out of or relating to any of the following: (a) your access to or use of the Platform; (b) any actions made with your account or Account Access whether by you or by someone else; (c) your violation of any of the provisions of this Agreement; (d) non-payment for any of the services (including Counselor Services) which were provided through the Platform; (e) your violation of any third party right, including, without limitation, any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right. This clause shall survive expiration or termination of this Agreement.
You confirm and agree to use only credit cards or other payment means (collectively “Payment Means”) which you are duly and fully authorized to use, and that all payment related information that you provided and will provide in the future, to or through the Platform, is accurate, current and correct and will continue to be accurate, current and correct.L
Limitations of Technology
The Cyber Shrink platform is dependent on on various factors to be operational and these include software, hardware and tools, either our own or those owned and/or operated by our contractors and suppliers. While we make reasonable efforts to ensure the Platform’s reliability and accessibility, you understand and agree that no platform can be 100% reliable and accessible and so we cannot guarantee that access to the Platform will be uninterrupted or that it will be accessible, consistent, timely or error-free at all times.
The Cyber Shrink is not liable and shall be held harmless for outages in the platform caused by factors outside the direct control of The Cyber Shrink.
By using this platform you hereby consent to participate in telemental health/online counseling with providers I select on The Cyber Shrink (Cyber Shrink, LLC) platform. I understand that services provided through The Cyber Shrink platform are done through HIPAA complaint ZOOM for Healthcare.
I understand the following with respect to telemental health/online counseling services:
1) I understand that I have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
2) I understand that there may be risks associated with utilizing his platform for my mental health needs, including but not limited to, technology failures, and limited ability to respond to emergencies.
3) I understand that there will be no recording of any of the online sessions by either party. All information disclosed within sessions and written records pertaining to those sessions are confidential and may not be disclosed to anyone without written authorization, except where required by law.
4) I understand that the privacy laws that protect the confidentiality of my protected health information (PHI) also apply to services on the platform unless an exception to confidentiality applies (i.e. mandatory reporting of child, elder, or vulnerable adult abuse; danger to self or others; mental/emotional health as an issue in a legal proceeding).
5) I understand that if I am having suicidal or homicidal thoughts, actively experiencing psychotic symptoms or experiencing a mental health crisis that cannot be resolved remotely, it may be determined that these services are not appropriate and a higher level of care is required.
6) I understand that during a telemental health/online counseling session, we could encounter technical difficulties resulting in service interruptions. If this occurs, end and restart the session. If we are unable to reconnect within ten minutes we will reach out to reschedule.
7) I understand that my therapist may need to contact my emergency contact and/or appropriate authorities should an emergency arise.
8) I understand that notes from my sessions may be kept in a HIPAA compliant medical record and stored by the platform for time frames required by law and to help ensure continuity of quality care.
Emergency Protocols: You agree to inform The Cyber Shrink platform and your therapist of the address where you are at the beginning of each session.
For your safety and best practice, we also ask a contact person who I may contact on your behalf in a life-threatening emergency only.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
All of the content available on or through The Cyber Shrink (Cyber Shrink LLC) is the property of Cyber Shrink LLC and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property laws.
Further, all images and content are the property of Cyber Shrink LLC unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized reproduction of images, content, and branded logos is strictly prohibited without express written permission..
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.